National Helicopter Services Limited (NHSL) formerly the Air Division (Helicopter Unit) of the Ministry of National Security is a joint venture between the Government of Trinidad and Tobago (GOTT) as an 82% shareholder, and The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (NGC) holding the remaining 18% of the issued share capital. The Company was incorporated on October 3rd 1989 and commenced operations on February 1st 1990.
NHSL was formed for the purpose of providing offshore helicopter services to the Oil/Gas sector and other commercial entities as well as continuance of services to Government i.e. support to the National Security forces, Medical Evacuations (Medevacs) between Tobago and Trinidad and Emergency and Disaster Air Support. NHSL is the holder of an Air Operator’s Certificate (AOC) and Approved Maintenance Organization Certificate (AMOC) issued by the Trinidad and Tobago Civil Aviation Authority (TTCAA) to carry out requisite aviation functions.
“To Be The Leading Partner For Helicopter Services Wherever We Go.”
“To Provide First Class Helicopter Transportation, Maintenance and Training Services.”
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR)
It is the way that National Helicopter Services Limited (NHSL) will meet with its wider economic, social and environmental obligations, both to employees and to other interest groups including customers, suppliers, visitors and local communities. It includes, but is not limited to, sustainable development practices, corporate citizenship, corporate governance and business tactics.
As a responsible organization, NHSL recognizes that its activities have a wider impact on the society in which it operates and would take appropriate actions.
We aim to achieve the following objectives:
1. Improved brand reputation and public relations with our clients and organizations that we interact with.
2. Customer and employee loyalty.
3. Managing risk for e.g. through corporate governance procedures.
4. Improved internal and external relationships e.g. through commitment to community services, staffing policies and customer relations.
5. Encourage staff participation in local community activities and participates in charity fundraising events.